Friday, July 2, 2010

More Jewelry and Power Shopping

Here are the necklaces I made the past few days before my trip to Dallas. My friend and I keep each other on our toes by promising to have a project to show when we meet up. They were hard to photograph, and the glare is bad, but you get the idea. These were made using the some of the new Industrial Chic line at Michaels. We tried buying more, but all the locations seem to be almost sold out. We were told something different at each store...but the bottom line seems to be they only ordered a small amount to see how it sold. Hmmm...guess we will be waiting for the "slow boat from China" until they get some more in.


I like a lot of these elements, especially the enameled flowers. I think I may have gotten all of them so far. There were several colors and different designs.


We shopped, lunched, had Starbucks and laughed a lot, as usual. We wore out our feet, but they still looked good after all that running around. This is kind of funny, we both usually wear PURPLE toes all summer, but we changed it up this time.



My multi-tasking friend, who shall remain nameless...can drive with her knee, talk on the phone, eat, you name it. All safely, of course! This photo is cropped to protect her identity. LOL


I'll have to show and tell the cool stuff we bought at Paper Source tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting! It is good to see what you are up to. I bought 3 of the industrial chic pieces in CA. They didn't have much either. I got the rectangular box (looks like you did, too) with the map on top. I altered it already with a paisley stamp. I got a little round box that says witch hazel on it, cute, won't alter, and some numbers.

    Your pieces came out darling! It makes me want to hurry up and use mine. :)

    ReplyDelete