Sunday, January 10, 2010

Texas Feels Like Minnesota

This past week we have had temperatures in the teens, and a few days that it didn't get above 35. Thursday and Friday we had 20 to 30 mph winds and some gusts even higher. Had to go out and do a few errands that I could not avoid on Friday. It was 22 with a wind chill of about 15, when I was tromping through the icicles to take these photos. This was in a roundabout area and cars were zipping by with folks looking at me kind of funny. The wind was whipping my hair into my eyes and I had to take off my gloves to operate the camera, so I was pretty chilly. This particular ice was a result of irrigation sprinklers someone forgot to turn off, but I thought it looked pretty cool. There will come a time later this winter when we will get a serious ice storm and the shrubs in my yard will look just like these.





1 comment:

  1. Brrr! You weren't kidding when you said it was cold! I remember ice storms from when I lived in the Midwest and they're no fun at all....very beautiful but not fun.

    ReplyDelete