Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Island Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us



Yesterday, the Hubster left early and said he'd be home late. So, as I usually do, I started several projects at once. Actually, I'm trying to devote this week to finishing some of the previous projects I have started. However, having previously covered most of my working space, I spread some out on the kitchen island. I figured I'd be able to get it finished before he came home. Well, I fluttered about all day, from one project to the other, and actually got a lot done, even though one can't tell by looking. Well, what happens, he comes home several hours early, I am next door visiting a neighbor, and he finds the island covered. While driving he decided to come home and make fajitas for us. How sweet, huh? But he finds projects all over his working space. He says (jokingly of course) You have to clutter every single flat surface in this house!!! Can't you leave me a little space to cook? I even had a basket of paints sitting on the stove... Well we had a Tuna salad, made by me.... Tonight will be Fajita night and the island is cleared and the kitchen is all his again. It's so nice to have a man around the house, isn't it? Especially one who cooks.

1 comment: